Wednesday, May 02, 2007

title what title?

I can't title this entry because I have no idea where this is going.
I have always been terrible at naming things, or titling posts as the case may be. I'm even awful at putting subject headings on emails. I feel so much pressure!

I've been at work reading blogs all morning, exciting right? Oh and then I decided to come back here and blog a little. Busy day at work. I have the worlds most annoying fax machine right next to me and every time a fax comes in it emits this LOUD buzz/whine which usually ends up startling me. Nothing like 20 little heart attacks a day to keep you awake.
Since the adoption is still a dream at this point I should concentrate more on the family portion of the blog. That would lighten things up a bit, anything to do with living with my 2 guys would lighten things up!

The latest being, huge (no pun intended) poop issues in our household. A~ often has issues with constipation, sort of common for boys I guess. Well up until last night at 8pm he hadn't pooped in a week! Save 2 tiny little rabbit ones, which he was trying to get full credit for. Our family always has bad timing, so usually any one of us will get sick at the least opportune time and most often on weekends when there's no doctor readily available. This time the timing was off because I was at work which left K~ to deal with lack of sleep and a screaming boy on a toilet. Finally Tuesday after a long night where A~ got up on his own 2 or 3 times to go sit on the potty, you know it's bad when he gets up on his own to sit on the toilet, I decided to take 1/2 a day off work and help (and get a nap in). I was no help and went to work with A~ still trying. It's so frustrating sitting in a bathroom all day trying any tactic we could think of, being supportive "come on honey you can do it, just push!", to trying to relax him and read a book, to simply walking away, giving him space, trying to regain sanity and sitting in another room trying to watch tv with closed captioning on, and trying incentives, threats, like "if you don't poop honey we can't let you go to pre-school". So off to the internet to look for some thing we over looked. Nope. Ugh, this means we need to get out the serious stuff....baby suppositories, shudder. And trust me when I say that he was traumatized, but more traumatized by the idea of it than the actual thing, he didn't even know it was in! But the drama and the negotiating before hand was very intense. I think the actual process of getting it in was more traumatic for K~ and I, though I made K~ do the dirty work, ha! (I have had that job before so it was his turn!) Well, the suppository did not provide immediate relief. I went to work and came home to both boys passed out on their own couches, I had some nice mommy alone time, it's rare that our house is quiet. We did finally have success but it took 2 doses of milk of magnesia and 8 hours! After the initial success we let A~ stay up thinking there HAD to be more just waiting, his tummy was "talking" and A~ was "translating", but he said there was no more. And finally at 10pm he went to bed. I rushed to work after trying hard to wake a very sleepy K~ up, when I got to work I called to make sure he was up and K~ told me that A~ had pooped 2 times in his sleep!!! UGH! They weren't messy, which surprised me after all of the 'help' we'd given him, but A~ woke up in a great mood and had no issues, K~ clearly had issues and was not as happy. Thanks K~ for not waking me up!! Hopefully the kid will finally learn to go when he has to go and not hold it!!! AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

It's these little things that your think to yourself, had I known my life would be tied to an other's bodily functions would I actively choose parenting? Parenting is definitely rewarding, and it's a good thing that the rewards far outweigh the pitfalls or I'd bet there would be a lot more "let me get back to you"s in reply to that.

Is it just me or does everyone seem to be pregnant? A bit of useless trivia: I have this strange way of knowing when some women are pregnant, maybe it's a 'those who can't do, teach' kind of thing? Anyway, the first time was my mom, she called me downstairs to talk to me when I was 16 and I'll never forget it, I turned the corner and saw her standing at the bottom of the stairs and simply blurted out "you're pregnant". She was surprised to say the least. The next time was a friend of a friend (Amy) who I'd only met on a few occasions, I had a dream about Amy that she was giving birth outside our apartment building to twin boys, it was so weird I told my friend about it and many months later learned Amy had a baby boy. The next time I saw Amy she had 2 boys less than one year apart. After trying to conceive A~ for so long it seemed as though my intuition ramped up, I saw Madonna on a TRL appearance and said to myself she's pregnant, a while later she announced it. Then there was the wife of someone at work, and the one time I remember being wrong was a guy and his girlfriend at work(but that was a dream and they seem less accurate), then there was Amy, lo and behold she was pregnant again! Recently, there was a woman I work with here, the dancing with the stars woman(way before she announced it), Elizabeth from the view(since March), and our local tv weather lady. I'm now trying to figure out what it is that I see subconsciously when I see these women, I can't figure it out. And none of them had any noticeable belly bumps at the time. With most of the ones I know, or know the birthdays of I figure that I spotted the pregnancies at about 2 months along, so may be it's that the women know and they give off signals? Anyway it's weird and seems to happen sporadically.

No comments: