Friday, May 11, 2007

So if things come in 3s am I done yet?

Is it bad that I have become used to the feeling of having either the rug pulled out from under me or being punched in the gut? (just let me wallow for a bit)
Today I got a phone call from my boss (P), who I've never met in person. I was getting A~ ready for Pre-school and the phone rang, I saw it was from the main office (I'm an office manager at a satellite office) but I couldn't get to the phone. My boss left a message to call her back. I knew it had to be bad because in the little over a year I've worked there I have talked to her 5 times, and never from home. Plus, there has been that cloud of doom and gloom hanging over the office for I'd say a good month or more. Anyway, after finally getting a hold of her P told me that they are closing the office location I work at and that my position has been eliminated, effective immediately. I job share, and the woman I share with has been there for 35 years! 35 years! And she just learned today, like I did, that her position is eliminated and that her last day is today. And yes my last day was Tuesday, thanks for the heads up. Nice to know we meant something. I am very happy to say that they're not getting rid of everyone at the office, just the 2 of us, because that'd be seriously depressing.
I am still reeling a bit. This really has been one of the nicest jobs I've ever had. Yes it could be boring, and I really felt useless at times, but the people were very nice, the location was great, and the days were just what we needed at the time (when K~ had his job). If I didn't like it I would've quit right after K~ lost his job and gone and waited tables somewhere and earned the same amount in 1/2 the hours. I kind of sensed that this was going to happen at some point, I was just really hoping it'd be sometime after we sold the house. I guess that the only positive thing is that I do get a severance, a little less than one months salary.
So what's next? Hopefully I'm done with the bad luck portion of the year, K~ lost his job, the adoption is sidelined and I lost my job too. That's 3! And attention universe I thinks that's about all I can handle right now, got that?

So I need a little bit of what makes me happy today:
Sunny day
Seeds that A~ and K~ planted are sprouting
My Mom/A~'s Nana
That there's little doubt that things will get better
and Winnie napping in her spot on our bed
(I think I'll join her)

1 comment:

saucygoat said...

I'm sorry you're faced with bad times right now. We always get bad luck in batches too. All the big, bad things happen all at once, as if to challenge us.

Hope things get better - and soon.