Wednesday, May 02, 2007

When I'm bored I research

And research and research. Today's theme was adoption blogs, then Yahoo! groups, and now it's whether to use pay-pal or amazon to receive donations and sell my wall votives to save for the adoption. It seems as though both charge the same amount, amazon seems as though it might be easier to use. I wonder if I could use both, and then if one's less popular switch to the other one?
I had been holding off on starting the actual fund raising process until we got re-started, but after reading others' blogs I see it's not uncommon to begin before the actual process. Insert huge sigh of relief here. And it's not as though we won't adopt, we will, even if I get discouraged I am still determined and hopeful. Here that K~? Determined(he,he). K~ is on board with the adoption he's supportive, interested, and involved, he's just not actively involved in the research the ethics topics the questions of what agency is a better fit for us. I may want him to be active in this, but I may have to resign myself to simply having his okay. That makes it sound awful doesn't it? Like I'm demanding and he's a door mat. Well, I'm not demanding and he's not a door mat. This just happens to be one of those areas where he's completely clueless and at a loss and I have definite opinions. I do wish that his views or more like his determination on this more mirrored my own. But I didn't marry male-me. He's much cuter.
K~ and I have had many ups and downs, we've been together for 13 years! We've made it through the 7 year itch and are going to celebrate 8 years of marriage in September! Just in the past few years we've come to terms with our odd-ness and the relief of not having to live up to ideas of a perfect family has made things so much easier. Who knew? And most importantly I love him. And he cleans. ;-)
So back to the topic, pay pal, amazon or both?
I'll have to pay closer attention to whats being used.

OMG, I still have one hour left at work! Save me!

Ahhh, who am I kidding? I'm gonna leave early, it's too nice out!

Things that make me happy today:
Spring
A happy talkative little boy
only one hour left of work

No comments: