Thursday, March 29, 2007

I've been trying to take stock today of what makes me happy.
Here's what I've come up with so far, in no particular order:
A~'s face, the way he smells and the sound he makes when he eats crunchy food, I think that cheek volume has something to do with it and the look he gets on his face is as if he wants to make each crunch count.
The smell of rain. Springtime. Sleeping. Savoring good food and/or wine. Pictures of my family. Laughing, giggling. A good cry after a stressful day. The way my cat curls up next to me when I sleep. The sound of her purring. Wind blowing through leaves on a summer day. Swimming underwater. How I felt after Acupuncture. Memories.

I'm sure there's more that's all I can think of at the moment.
I tend to take joy in little things, little moments that if I am aware enough I realize won't happen again. I try to burn them into my brain. But as I get older I'm sort of surprised at how much I forget. So, making new memories or at least appreciating my little moments helps me feel like I don't take life for granted. I just wish I were a better documenter, i'm terrible at taking pictures. I forget the camera all the time! I need those spy glasses with the built in camera so I have it with me all the time. oh, that'd be cool.

I hope that people added their voices to the list of those opposed to the increase in fees in the previous post. It may not seem like much, but add those fees to the amounts we're paying for all of the other little things it is a lot.

No comments: