Monday, March 19, 2007

At least someone is talking!

There has been an official press release in the A. Jolie adoption drama. Finally.
Here's the link to the press release .
An excerpt:
"   WYNNEWOOD, Pa., March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Adoptions From The
Heart (AFTH), a licensed, non-profit adoption agency based in Wynnewood,
Pa., a suburb of Philadelphia, has announced that it worked with Angelina
Jolie to facilitate the adoption of 3-year-old Pax Thien from the Tam Binh
orphanage in Vietnam.
...Jolie followed the same procedures as all prospective adoptive
parents who apply to its Vietnam program.
"Throughout Ms. Jolie's adoption process, she received no preferential
treatment from the Vietnamese government or Adoptions From The Heart, and,
contrary to earlier reports, her application was not fast-tracked," said
Gonzalez. "

At least someone is talking. I hope that this is true and not just an attempt at covering asses, since I don't think any agency would admit to a fast-track (and there seems to be some contradictions with what Dr. Long has been Quoted as saying).

I have no reason to believe it isn't true. I hope and choose to believe it is.

And just in case no one reads the comments, I will say that I did not dig into Ms. Jolie's life (I do have better things to do!!) it just happens that our lives intersected in the world of international adoption, and specifically in the relatively small world of Viet Nam adoptions. I would not have been as emotional as I was had it been another country, as I do not know the specifics of each country. I do however have a lot of info on the usual process of adoption in VN. And if the rumors were to be true, it would have shaken me personally, as I have a personal stake in the basic process of VN adoptions being the same for each AP.

This is an excellent example of why I dislike secrets in general, people have active imaginations when left to their own devices. Myself included.

Now if only someone out there would be able to shed some light on the problems facing prospective adoptive parents. I'd be a happy woman.


No comments: