Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Night Football

Don't care much about it. I think I had about 2 years where I got into football, and it's over. It probably has something to do with living in MN and having to root for the Vikings, who nearly always choke by the way.
Anyway, no adoption news, but why would there be? I have finally gotten off my crazy reasearch jag. I have now picked my top four agencies. And if things don't pan out with our current agency by the time we are paper ready I am now equipped with back ups I am confident with. So that is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I feel like we are informed now and have a plan. I am not comfortable without a plan, and I'm really not comfortable flying blind. I'm surprised honestly that we are as far into this as we are. I usually research first, and a lot. But in this instance I knew VN had just reopened and I wanted to hurry up and get on a list, any list, to adopt. Of course it also had something to do with having passed the one year mark of trying to have a baby and doing way more than I ever wanted with fertility stuff. I needed a Light at the end of the tunnel. And I felt I had that with adoption, it may take long, but there was an end in sight. Whereas, there really was no light at the end of the fertility tunnel, just the need and hope for one.
I am discovering now that we may have a light at the end of our adoption tunnel, but it seems as though we take one step toward it and it moves three steps further away.
I do want to thank everyone in the online adoption community for being so amazing. Without that resource and support I think we would have been much more frustrated and may have given up. I have found so many people and stories inspiring. Being able to ask questions without feeling stupid or judged has been so helpful, and I am forever grateful to those who answered my questions and reached out to me. I hope someday I can help another PAP navigate this frustrating crazy wonderful world of adoption.

Pass it on...

No comments: