Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's been a while, huh?

Hi again.
I got discouraged, and flaked out on the whole blog thing. Then I got really determined and busy researching, now I'm baaackk!
So, first things first we had our 2 day adoptive parents class, which were Waaayy too long. And so emotionally draining that we felt as though we'd endured some kind of battle. We would regard each other as battle buddies for a few weeks after. Man. It was redundant to say the least. And they didn't talk about the things you'd think they'd talk about and beat to death the things they did. But we did learn some good and valuable things, about interracial adoption, which will affect us less than most parents there, but will no doubt affect us. We are glad they had the classes, we just wish they'd have condensed the racial issues a bit, and had more variety of issues.
And we FINISHED OUR HOMESTUDY! Woo-Hoo!
I think we lucked out in the social worker area, she was so great! Our son (A-) just loved her, he kept calling her "social worker" though. I think it's because it was a bigger word and he felt grown up. He was so funny, taking her on a tour of our house, explaining things. Things she didn't need to know, like "We just put the stair railing back up this morning! We had to take it off when we moved here (3 years ago) to get the washer downstairs." That caused her to chuckle a little bit. I think K- and I were more nervous for the second interview at our home than the one where we met at the office. I just babbled on and on, I wonder if I even answered any of her questions!! I think she just thought we were plain goofy. Luckily she has a sense of humor. Well, I guess I won't know for sure until we see her rough draft of the home-study. ;-)
So currently we are staring at our next HUGE bill from the agency wondering how we're going to do this. I put K- on the financial, and I'm trying to figure out some fundraising. I've been on OnlineGroups nearly everyday getting the scoop on the whole Viet Nam and adoption thing. I had no idea how mind boggling and involved it all is even though you have such little control. I'm sure at some point I'll get on another soapbox, but today is just an update. Lucky you! Haha! ;-)

Oh, and I changed the name of the blog, to waiting for Laurna Lynh, since short of a miracle I don't see us bringing her home in January (wow, I had such hi-hopes). And we've chosen the name Laurna, after my grandma Lorna, and the Vietnamese name Lynh. We had always planned that if we had a son his middle name would be Edward after my grandpa, if we had a girl her name would have a Vietnamese middle name. A- would've been Stella Mai, had he been a girl.
So even though we're adopting from VN, we can still stick to our plans!
Also, I have been shopping. Still clearance shopping, and it's been curbed considerably, but she has quite a collection. My mom has been helping with it too. I swear she's more excited about this than anyone!!
I will try to post some pictures and I hope to start developing a webring, is that what it's called? Anyway, a links of interest area for people to read other blogs and get info on Viet Nam.

Take care!!

No comments: