Friday, November 03, 2006

I warned you (I'm not happy-go-lucky)

I know that my style may not be what some may expect from someone on this journey of adoption. I may sound silly, or angry, or ungrateful. (I am silly) I am not angry about adopting, I'm not ungrateful for the experience. It's only made me stronger and more empathetic. Occasionally it may make me crazy.
There's a little soul out there somewhere that's ready to put out those little red threads to draw us near, to protect and love her. I know that with every fiber of my being.
My wish is that all of these little souls around the world would be held, loved, and protected in the best possible way. My personal opinion is that the process of adopting these souls should be constantly tweaked, and updated as anyone would do for the most precious things on earth. This is why I get so worked up over things. I am sure that further down the road there will be things I find out that will make the confusion I'm gong thru now make sense. But I don't want to censor my feelings now, because I know I felt better reading the bits a pieces of others' thoughts who were once where I am now. Somehow I didn't feel so lost knowing that someone else had once been lost here too, and they made their way through it all. In fact a few of the bloggers are in VN now with their babies/toddlers!! And others have received the go ahead for travel at the end of this month!! And still others have received their referrals!! It has been a wonderful week, despite how it may sound.

No comments: