Saturday, November 04, 2006

I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing

Hi.
Well I'm not a on a soap box today. I got it out of my system, even though it kept me up at night. (thinking of adoption process) Venting is good. It definitely helps. I was reading a past entry about the scarred baby bellies and I should've added a link to it, I have no idea what it was called anymore. But it made me realize that I don't feel that way anymore, about the alienation of women I mean. I have since found wonderful resources in the online groups at Yahoo and Adoption forums, so obviously the "pity" came from the company I kept, not most women. I just wanted to add that, I think it's important to see how my views change as I go through this long process.

On that note here's a synopsis of our process:
  • July 2004 we decided to think about trying for baby #2.
  • August 2004 at an appointment I made as a check-up to talk to my Dr. about trying to conceive after having difficulty with my 1st pregnancy, a benign tumor (the size of a small grapefruit) was discovered on my left ovary. And I wondered why I looked 3 months pregnant all of the time!?
  • September 2004 I had my Oophorectomy. (a funny name, you'd think it'd be ovarectomy or something)
  • February 2005 we started trying for baby #2.
  • April 2006 we started adoption.
  • We finished our Homestudy the 3rd week of September.
  • We received our Homestudy in the mail this Thursday (11/2)!
  • We will hand deliver our I-600A to the USCIS on Monday!

That's it in a nutshell...


No comments: